OMEGA-Py : Python tools for OMEGA data
OMEGA-Py is a Python 3 module dedicated to the scientific use of data provided by the Observatoire pour la Minéralogie, l'Eau, les Glaces et l'Activité (OMEGA) instrument onboard the ESA Mars Express (MEx) orbiter1. It has been developed as an alternative to the historical SOFT 10 IDL routines of the official OMEGA software provided by the instrument team2.
The module notably includes a re-implementation of the most recent release of the IDL OMEGA software, but also contains several additional data reduction functions such as build-in atmospheric and thermal corrections (using previously published methods) and graphics tools including interactive visualization of the data or generation of composite OMEGA maps.
- Importation of raw PSA-format data.
- Data correction from instrumental effects.
- Thermal and atmospheric corrections.
- Visualization of the data with interactive tools.
- Compatibility with files downloaded from the PDS (lowercase letters) and not only PSA (uppercase letters)
- Automatic download of files from the PSA FTP
- Use of a custom atmospheric spectrum for the atmospheric correction
- Optimization of the customization of display functions
- Add slider to change the displayed wavelength for the reflectance for interactive plots
- Simplify the use of the thermal and atmospheric correction functions → only one with multiple arguments
- Add filtering options in the
J.-P. Bibring, A. Soufflot, M. Berthé, et al. (2004). OMEGA : Observatoire pour la Minéralogie, l'Eau, les Glaces et l'Activité. ESA Publication Division, 1240, 37 ↩